Who are we?
We have established biotech labs in 70 shipping containers in Shepherd’s Bush London. This is a non-conventional way of providing ultra low-cost biotech labs for startups. We are managing and building more labs and need someone to join the team who wants to rethink how the lab is designed. This is a unique way to interact with early stage business and applied biotechnology. We are a small team coming from diverse backgrounds and are always looking for unusual solutions to difficult problems.
Role: Lab Manager
Starting date: ASAP
• Experience in synthetic biology, biochemistry, cell culture or other biological discipline.
• Technically proficient: sourcing, installing, fixing/maintaining lab equipment (plate readers, -80 freezers, incubator, basic automation, etc.)
• Managing H&S and risk assessments.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and be able to lead and direct others.
• Strong problem-solving, training, team building, and mentoring abilities.
We are looking for a curious, patient and bubbly problem solver!
• Someone with an interest in applying biotech to start-ups problems.
• Computer literate and comfortable measuring and processing data to provide insights
• A bit of a hacker: keen to hack hardware and software to help reinvent the lab!
• Take control of your personal development. We will support this strongly and fund attendance at conferences, workshops or other training.
• Manage BSL1, biochemistry and other laboratories (potentially BSL2).
• Excited to learn and contribute to establishing labs for biotech start-ups.
• Assist others and training in new lab techniques
• Excited to find new and low-cost ways to source and produce equipment.
• Oversee day-to-day laboratory operations, including resource allocation, cleanup and maintenance.
• Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements, budgets, and schedules
• Responsible for purchasing lab supplies or preparing ordering lists.
• Comfortable with managing the day-to-day challenges (plumbing, electricity, waste, deliveries, etc.).
• Understanding that this is a start-up not an established institution.
• You will be getting outside of your comfort zone.
Apply via firstname.lastname@example.org