Unique design has the overall appearance and functionality of an upright but is actually an inverted microscope. This allows viewing from the bottom of a petri dish. A normal slide can also be used. Just turn the slide upside down.
- Five-Place Nosepiece (rotation is normal and smooth with good clean stops).
- Low Position XY Stage Movement is functionally normal. Right hand movement.
- Halogen Transmitted Light Source. 6V-20W Bulb. Located in rear mounted external housing.
- Trinocular Head.
- Includes photography port for attaching a digital USB camera for connection to a computer.
- Eyepiece Pair: PeriPlan GF 10X/20 M. High Eyepoint (okay to wear eyeglasses). The 20mm field of view is good, as many are only 18mm.